- IBN Sina Medicare
Symptoms of Prostate Cancer
- frequent urges to urinate, including at night
- trouble in commencing and maintaining urination
- blood in the urine
- painful urination and, less commonly, ejaculation
- erectile dysfunction
- bone pain mainly in the spine, pelvis or ribs
- dribbling urine post urination
Causes of Prostate Cancer
The cause of prostate cancer is unclear. It usually happens when DNA causes the cells to grow and divide in an uncontrolled way. The abnormal cells continue to grow to replace healthy cells, forming a tumor. If left untreated are more likely to spread to other parts of the body.
Risk Factors of Prostate Cancer
Risk Factors of prostate cancer include:
- Age. risk of prostate cancer increases with age. Men above 50 are more prone to it.
- Family history. men with a family history of prostate cancer are more at risk of getting prostate cancer.
- Obesity. Obese men are more prone to prostate cancer
- Medication. some studies have indicated that use of NSAID increases the risk of prostate cancer.
- Diet. a diet high in red meat or high-fat dairy products increases the risk of developing prostate cancer.