About Dr Sandeep Vaishya
Dr Sandeep Vaishya is one of the finest & renowned professional Neurosurgeon in India. Currently he is working with one of the best Spine Hospital in the world as a Director- Department of Neurosurgery, Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) hospital at Gurgaon, India.
Dr Sandeep Vaishya, is well-known as one of the best spinal surgeon in India . As well as Dr Vaishya has huge experience over 22 years of working with many top Hospitals across the country specializing in Spine & Brain surgery with highest success rate that’s make Dr Vaishya to become one of the best Spinal Surgeon in the world . Moreover Dr Vaishya has interest and specialization in Intracranial Brain surgery, MI & Image Guided Neurosurgery, Deep Brain Stimulation surgery, Spinal surgery, and minimal Invasive Spine surgery.
Dr Vaishya is also one of the leading surgeon in the world to perform brachial plexus injuries and Gamma knife surgery for South Asia. Being one of the best Spinal and Brain surgeon in the world, Dr Vaishya become one of the highly renowned amongst Neurosurgeon in the world.
EDUCATION & FELLOWSHIPS:
- MBBS & MS (General surgery) from GR Medical collage Gwalior.
- MCh (Neurosurgery) from All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- Fellowship from Mayo, USA.
- Faculty & Additional Professor – Department Neurosurgery at All India Institute Medical Science (AIIMS), 10 years, at New Delhi.
- Head of the Department ,Neurosurgery, Max Hospital, New Delhi
SPECIALIZATION & INTEREST
- Surgery for pain
- Brachial Plexus Injuries & Peripheral Nerve Surgery
- Gamma knife Radio surgery
- Surgery for Spasticity & Pain
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Dystonia, Epilepsy, OCD & Parkinson.
- Minimal Invasive Brain, Spinal & image Guided Neurosurgery
- Skull base tumors, including Intracranial Tumor surgery.
- Functional Neurosurgery
AWARDS & HONORS
- Won Herbert Krause Medal for Best Paper in Neuro-Oncology (NSI, 2001)
- Life Membership Award by Mayo Alumni Association
- Sundt Fellowship Award by Mayo Clinic USA
- Gold Medal in Medical School
- Dr Majeed Memorial Oration Karachi, Pakistan, (2008)
- Asian Congress of Neurosurgical Surgeons
- Delhi Neurological Association
- Indian Society of Paediatric Neurosurgery
- Indian Society of Skull Base Surgery
- Indian Society of Spinal Neurosurgeons
- International Leksell Gamma knife Society
- Member of International Gamma Knife Society
- Neurological Society of India
- Neurotruama Society of India
- Treasurer- Indian Society of Peripheral Nerve Surgery
- Treasurer- Indian Society of Stereotaxic and Functional Neurosurgery
- Indian Society of Stereotactic & Functional Neurosurgery
- Joint Secretary South Asian Association of Neurosurgeons
RESEARCH & PUBLICATIONS:
- Dr Sandeep Vaishya contributed over 50 papers and chapter in peer reviewed text book and Medical Journals.
- Dr Sandeep Vaishya delivered more than 60 guest lectures in India and abroad.
LIST OF TREATMENTS
- Headache & Sleep Disorders
- Liberation & Sensory Ataxia Treatment
- Narcolepsy & Multiple Sclerosis Treatment
- Spinal Fusion Surgery & Cervical Spine Surgery
- Lumbar Laminectomy for Spine
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Strabismus Surgery
- Lesionectomy & Hemispherectomy
- Ventriculostomy & VP Shunting
- Chronic Cerebro Spinal Venous Insufficiency Treatment
- Restless Leg Syndrome Treatment
- Vitrectomy, Diabetic Retinopathy
- Deep Brain Stimulation For Parkinson's Disease
- Comprehensive Myelopathy - Spinal Cord Surgery
- Temporal Lobectomy & Corpus Callosotomy
- Vagus Nerve Stimulation
- Small Incision Cataract Surgery
- Restless Leg Syndrome Treatment
- Occuloplasty & Intraocular Implants (IOLs)
- Multiple Subpial Transections MST
- Carotid Endarterectomy & Phacoemulsification
- Cerebral or Brain Aneurysm Treatment
- Skull Base Surgery
- Eye Muscle Surgery & Cosmetic Eye Surgery
- Squint Surgery & Cataract Implant Surgery
- Photorefractive Keratectomy
- Endovascular Coiling
- Brain Tumor Surgery & Spine Tumour Surgery
- Intacs Corneal Implants
- Spine Decompression Surgery & Scoliosis Spine Surgery
- Spinal Endoscopic Surgery
- Microvascular Decompression MVD
- Cerebral Angioplasty
- Gliomas Treatment
- Radiotherapy & Chemotherapy
- Percutaneous Balloon Compression (PBC)
- Pineal Region Tumors Treatment
- Spinal Instrumentation
- Percutaneous Steriotactic Treatment – PSR
- Gamma Knife for AVM or Brain Tumor
- Retinal Detachment Surgery
- Stereotactic Radio Surgery
- Radiofrequency Rhizotomy – Neurotomy
- Craniotomy Surgery
- Pterygium Removal Surgery
- Surgical Clipping
- Metastatic Tumors Treatment
- Cervical Corpectomy
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty