Women above the age of 40 suffering from infertility is offered IVF as a primary treatment. It is also associated with some other health conditions like:
- Fallopian tube damage or blockage. it prevents egg to get fertilized and travel to the uterus
- Ovulation disorders. production of less no of eggs which makes few eggs available for fertilization.
- Premature ovarian failure. ovaries are unable to produce normal level of hormone estrogen or enough eggs to release regularly.
- Endometriosis. it affects the functioning of the ovaries , Fallopian tube and as well as uterus. It happens when the uterine tissue implants and grows outside of the uterus
- Uterine fibroids. Fibroids are benign tumors in the wall of the uterus and interferes with implantation of the fertilized egg.
- Impaired sperm production or function. when the sperm count is low or poor mobility make it difficult for sperm to fertilize an egg.
- Unexplained infertility. means when there is no cause of infertility despite evaluation.
- Any genetic disorder. in case both one or both the partners are at a risk of passing genetic disorder.
- Fertility preservation for cancer or other health conditions. In this women eggs can be harvested from their ovaries and frozen in an unfertilized state for later use or can be frozen as embryos for future use.