About Dr A.S. Soin
Dr. A.S. Soin Hepatologist & Liver Transplant Surgeon MBBS, MS
Dr. A.S. Soin Hepatologist & Liver Transplant Surgeon , he is a Chairman of the Liver Transplantation and Regenerative Medicine department of Medanta - The Medicity, Gurgaon which is at one of the best hospital for Liver Transplant.
As one of the best Liver Transplant Surgeon he is having an experience of over 30 years and performed over 2500 liver transplants with 95% success rate.
He specilizes in:
- Liver Transplant
- Liver Surgeries
- Choledochal Cyst
- Portal Hypertension
- Dr. A.S. Soin Hepatologist & Liver Transplant Surgeon, handles cases from South Asia, The Middle East and Africa.
- As one of the best Liver Transplant Surgeon , he has also performed more than 7500 other complex liver, gall bladder and bile duct surgeries.
- Dr Soin has to his credit, almost all the country’s FIRSTS in liver transplantation, in addition to 3 global firsts.
- He also performed India's first successful left lobe transplant (living donor) in 1999 and then also the country's first successful adult-adult living donor right lobe liver transplant in March 2000
- He was also the first surgeon performed successfully laparoscopic donor nephrectomy (removal of kidney by keyhole surgery) in India.
- Above all, he also successfully used this technology for kidney transplantation in more than 300 cases so far.
Work experience of Dr. A.S. Soin Hepatologist & Liver Transplant Surgeon:
- As one of the best Liver Transplant Surgeon he worked as a Senior Resident, Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham , 1993
- Also worked as a Senior Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, 2001
- Worked as a Chairman, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital , New Delhi , 2010
- MBBS, AIIMS, New Delhi
- MS, AIIMS, New Delhi
- FRCS( Edin), Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- FRCS (Glas), Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow, U.K
Membership & Certificates:
- Life Membership: association of Surgeons of India
- Also a member of British Transplantation Society
- Membership: Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- He is also a member of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, Gastroenterology and Nephrology
- Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology
- Member Asian Society of Organ Transplantation and International Society of Liver Transplantation
- He is also one of the founder members and Trustee of the HOPE (Human Organ Procurement and Education)
- He won RD Birla and Swastha Bharat Samman in the year 2011
- Also to his credit received E- medinews award, 2011
- As one of the best Liver Transplant Surgeon , his achievements are listed in Limca Book of records, 2007, 2008, 2009,2010
- Also was awarded DMA Award, 2010
- Above all, Padma Shri, 2010
- Furthermore, Medindia Oration and Medindia Award in the year 2008
- In 2005 DMA Distinguished Services Award
- Visiting Fellowship at the Kyoto Liver Transplant Unit British Transplantation Society Bursary in 1997
- In 1996 he was also awarded research grant from the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh
- Above all, Awarded British Transplantation Society Bursary, 1994
- In the year 1990, to his credit he was ranked first in All India selection exam
- Moreover, also was awarded as a best Postgraduate Student in Surgery medal at AIIMS, New Delhi, 1989 and 1985