About Dr Ashok Seth
Dr Ashok Seth is Chairman of Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, New Delhi.
Head of Cardiology Council, Fortis Group of Hospitals.
Dr Seth is one of the core team who build the Escort Heart Institute in Delhi and make one of the best Cardiology Hospitals in the world .
With his thriving experience of more than 30 years, Dr Seth has renowned for performing over 50,000 Angiograms and 20,000 Angioplasties. His contributions in the field of Cardiology, especially Interventional Cardiology have been recognized extensively in India as well as across the world as best cardiology in the world . During his career of over 30-years, Dr Seth has pioneered numerous angioplasty techniques Directional Atherectomy, Angioscopy, Stents, Thrombectomy devices and Drug Eluting Stents, Impella heart support device, failing heart, Bioabsorbable Stents and TAVI implemented are successful both in India and other regions in Asia Pacific . Dr Seth has made Fortis Escort Heart institute as one of the best cardiology hospitals amongst Fortis group in India.
EDUCATION & FELLOWSHIP:
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (M.B.B.S.), J N Medical College, Aligarh Muslim University, India, 1978.
- Member at Royal College of Physicians (M.R.C.P.), U.K. in 1984.
- Member at the Royal College of Physicians (M.R.C.P.), Ireland in 1986
- Royal College of Physicians (F.R.C.P.), Edinburgh, 1995
- Fellow American College of Cardiology (F.A.C.C.), 1995
- Fellow European Society of Cardiology (F.E.S.C.), 2013.
- Fellow Society of Cardiac Angiography & Intervention (F.S.C.A.I.), U.S.A., 1995
- Fellow International Medical Sciences Academy (F.I.M.S.A.), 1998
- Fellow Cardiological Society of India (F.C.S.I.), 2011.
- Doctorate of Science in Honoris Causa at Banaras Hindu University, India, 1998
- Doctorate of Science (D.Sc) Honoris Causa, Tirthankar Mahavir University, Moadabad, India, 2012.
- Doctor of Letters in Honoris Causa at Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi, India, 2012.
- Doctor of Science in Honoris Causa at Amity University, Noida (U.P.), India, 2012.
- Honorary Professor of Cardiology at Gandhi Medical College, 2000 - 2001
- Present Honorary Professor of Cardiology at Medical College, 2001
- Present Honorary Professor of Cardiology at Padma shri Dr. D Y Patil University, 2008
- Professor in Cardiology at Bangladesh Medical College, Bangladesh
- Chief, Max Hospital , Gurgaon, 2007
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENT:
- Padma ShrI & Padma Bhushan Awarded by the President of India, 2003
- Doctor of the Year Award - Escorts , 2005
- Board of Governors Society of Cardiac Angiographies and Intervention (USA)
- Outstanding contribution award in the field of Clinical & Preventive Cardiology for Lifetime Achievement in the World, 2007
- He have been an authored of over 150 publications in both Indian and international medical journals.
- Immediate Past President in Cardiological Society of India
- Associate Editor - International Journal of Cardiology
- Editorial Board member of Journal American College in Cardiology
- Board of Governors - Society of Cardiac Angiographies and Intervention (USA)
- Chairman of Cardiology Council, Fortis Group of Hospitals
- Vice President - Asian Pacific Society of Cardiology
- Performed highest numbers of angiographies and angioplasties in the world and features in the 'LIMCA' Book of Records.
- He was also one of the youngest overseas doctors to be awarded with the Fellowship of all the three Royal Colleges of London, Edinburgh & Ireland in year of 1995.
- He has trained 350 cardiologists from India and abroad in advanced techniques of angioplasty. The governments of Malaysia, Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia and organizations such as WHO, SAARC, Cardiac Society, has sponsored doctors from their country to be trained under Dr. Seth.
- Dr. Seth is a Member of Expert Committee and Central Drugs Standard Control Organization, Directorate General of Health Services, and is responsible for examining issues relating to regulatory requirements for exercising and control over medical devices.
- He has been invited by Society of Cardiovascular Angiography & Interventions (USA)" for its international position statement on "Percutaneous Coronary Interventions without On-Site Surgical Backup" and is a co-author of the 'Guidelines, supported by 15 Interventional Cardiology Societies across the World.
- He have been elected on the Board of Governors of Society of Cardiac Angiographies and Intervention (USA) the official professional and regulatory body of interventional cardiologists in USA which has a global influence. He was the first cardiologist from Asia.
- He has been highly acclaimed for academics and research Associate, Editor of the International Journal of Cardiology Member and editorial boards of Journal American College of Cardiology; Cardiovascular Interventions, Catheterization and Cardiovascular Intervention; and Euro Intervention. Most important Interventional Cardiology journals in the World are an unprecedented honor for an Indian.
- Many more
HONORARY & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS:
- Gandhi Medical College in Bhopal, 2000 onwards.
- Raipur Medical College, 2001 onwards
- Bisalpur Medical College, 2001 onwards
- Dr. D Y Patil University, Padmashree 2008 onwards.
- Bangladesh Medical College, at Dhaka, 1998 onwards
- National Professor in Honorary
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons of India in Annual Course. 1996 onwards.
- "Dudley" Visiting Professor University of Birmingham, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, U.K in 1995.
SPECIALITY & LIST OF TREATMENTS:
- Coronary Artery Bypass grafting
- Congenital Heart surgery
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Coronary Angiography
- Heart Transplant
- Heart valve replacement
- Heart valve surgery
- MIDCAB surgery
- Aortic Stent Grafting
- Biventricular Pacing
- Cerebral Angiogram
- Coronary Angiogram
- IVC Filter Insertion
- PPI-Permanent Pacemaker Implant - Single Chamber
- PTMC - Percutaneous Transvenous Mitral Commissurotomy
- Peripheral Angiogram
- PTCA-Percutaneous Transluminal
- Peripheral Angioplasty
- Radiofrequency Ablation
- Renal Angiogram
- Trigger Point Injection (TPI)